The following post was contributed by Mike Weilgart who has recently joined the ranks of Linux system administrators.
bash and POSIX shell scripting:
- Security implications of forgetting to quote a variable in bash/POSIX shells
- Why does my shell script choke on whitespace or other special characters?
- Explanation of How quotes relate to argument lists
- What is a shell and what is a shell builtin?
- Why is printf better than echo?
- Why is using a shell loop to process text considered bad practice?
vi and Vim:
- The article “Why, oh WHY, do those #\?\@! nutheads use vi?”
- Stack Overflow answer encapsulating basics of
- Stack Overflow answer encapsulating buffers vs. windows vs. tabs
- Quick tips for using buffers effectively
- What exactly do we mean by “branch”?
- The Think Like a Git website, including all of the links on the “Resources” page.
- Stack Exchange answer serving as an Introduction to cgroups