- Editing on a slow terminal.
- Setting options.
- Recovering lost lines
- Recovering lost files.
- Features for editing programs: auto-indentation, shifting lines, show match, sections.
- Filtering portions of the buffer with !
- Macros and buffers.
- Mapping commands and abbreviations.
- File manipulation commands (including saving partial files and editing multiple files).
- Using Tags.
- Searching, and searching and replacing.
Thanks for the vi tips. In the last couple of days I have been making heavy use of macros and last night I was using ctrl-x and ctrl-a to increase and decrease numbers, combined in a macro I was able to auto-write a fair amount of [code.] :) Definitely has saved me at least a few hours in the last couple days.
Nick Anderson, Systems Administrator, Motorola Mobility