Course length: 1/2 day
Description: Attendees will learn how to use some of the advanced features of Vim.
Intended audience: Understanding of Vim basics is required for this course.
Take back to work: Ability to use Vim easily and efficiently.
- Editing on a slow terminal.
- Setting options.
- Recovering lost lines
- Recovering lost files.
- Features for editing programs: auto-indentation, shifting lines, show match, sections.
- Filtering portions of the buffer with !
- Macros and buffers.
- Mapping commands and abbreviations.
- File manipulation commands (including saving partial files and editing multiple files).
- Using Tags.
- Searching, and searching and replacing.